Saturday, June 1, 2013

Happy Retirement Banner

Hi everyone! I have been busy! Crafting and shopping! I have done shopping hauls I have posted on my YouTube Channel but not here yet. so if you are not already you should subscribe. You will also get the videos a few days earlier there sometimes. 

Okay, on to the project, I was asked to make this banner after a client in the salon I work at saw the Happy Birthday banner I made to celebrate other stylist birthdays. She is throwing a retirement party for 2 local high school teachers and the colors are...can you guess? Red, white and black, this was fun because I also attended this high school many years ago.

For the font I used Feeling Groovy Cricut cartridge, and Ribbons and Rosettes for the rosettes and in CCR I used something called Cricut Mini-Celebrate it has these pennants, card and envelope and much more, I'm not sure how I got it I am guessing it came free with my Cricut Mini but I'm not sure when it showed up in my account, just noticed it one day.

If you are interested in downloading the cut file just click here. My complete directions are in the video below. If you don't have all the cartridges I used you will not be able to cut with that file unless you substitute for cartridges you do have. In the cutfile I made it so you have to cut out as many pennants as you need 2 at a time on 8.5x11" paper with circles cut out at the same time with that paper to save paper. There is also a layer of just circles if you want them a different color, just cut what you need. I have the fonts and shadows and the rosettes...I put 5 pieces to fit on a 12x12" paper, I used 3 pieces to make 1 rosette but I think you can get away with only 2. again just cut what you need, I cut too many so don't ask me how many.

You cant see in the pictures but I did use my favorite glitter paper from Joanns, all the white you see is glitter paper. But remember you can change the colors, you could even make the rosettes more than 1 color. You could make a name banner for a child's room. Have fun with it!