Sunday, May 12, 2013

Decorated 3D Glasses

Hi everyone! First I want to wish all the Mothers out there, Happy Mother's Day!!!!!!! 

I am a little late I wanted this to be my post yesterday. I have been busy this week I went to America's Got Talent twice this week, took up 2 of my crafting days. It was worth is I got to fist bump Howie Mandel and Howard Stern. I love Howie Mandel. I got to see some great acts, this is going to be a great show this year, at least the talent from Chicago is. I did get video from both days and will be editing them into one video. I will post as soon as I have it ready.

I also have my Cricut.com haul I have to edit and will get that out soon. I have been working on a paper flower arrangement to give my mom for Mother's Day and am still working on it, my cricut is cutting as I type. I have more projects I have to get done, so you will be seeing more crafting projects soon. Less shopping hauls. I realized I did not pay my gas or electric bills last month so no more craft shopping. :( Can't use my cricut with out electricity.

Ok on to mt 3D glasses you might have seen these, I posted them on the CricutDIVA blog on Friday.
I made these using the Masks- Earthly Elements Craft Room Exclusive cartridge and Suburbia. The first half of the video shows you how I did it in CCR. I had to use the inside of sun glasses from Suburbia to get the eye holes big enough to fit the lenses. I had to do hide contour on the glasses to get them 1 at a time to turn them to fit the glasses I have, they do fit 3 different types of 3D Glasses I have. My tv is 3D and uses the same glasses you get from the movie theater. So I ask my friends when they go to a 3D movie to keep the glasses and give to me. We do have a box at the theater to recycle the glasses, but I recycle them my own way. I think this would be a fun project with kids to decorate their own glasses then go to movies, maybe a birthday party or something.

I used black glitter paper for the bottom layer and purple foil paper from walmart for the top layer, I used a few zebra print rhinestones and purple and clear rhinestones after I put the purple paper throught the Cuttlebug with the swirls folder, it did not fit so I did one side at a time. You can see in the video.


Here is what the glasses started as.
You can download the cut file here but to cut it you need to own the Masks- Earthly Elements and Suburbia.
I used  the red tacky tape to adhere the mask to the glasses, you can see in video.
The possibilities are endless with these, there is so much you could do to alter your glasses.




 
I almost forgot to post the video
 

Have you entered my Give Away? It will close the end of the month. Click here if you have not!