Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Link Gypsy to Cricut Craft Room is HERE!!!

OMG!  is all I can say I am so excited! You would think I won the lottery. I found out on my own, I decided to ope CCR and there was an update, I knew there would have to be an update to be able to upload the Gypsy so I decided to turn on my camera to record me doing everything so I can show you if you had any questions. Watching the video back, I thought wow I am a bit too excited over this, but really we have been waiting for over a year, almost 2 years for this to happen.

Thank You Provo Craft for this update and $20 credit in my cricut.com account! Just Gypsy owners get a $20 credit!  and it expires on May 18, who am I kidding it will be gone tomorrow, lol.

They have announced it now on the Cricut Message board and will share the announcement message with you here:


We are pleased to announce that you are now able to link your Cricut Gypsy™ device to the Cricut Craft Room® design software! That means you can
access all of your content, both digital and cartridges, on your Cricut Gypsy™ device and your Cricut Craft Room® account simultaneously.

We know that there are many who love the flexibility of using their Cricut Gypsy™ device. That’s why we’ve also spent numerous hours developing a repair process. If you experience issues with your Cricut Gypsy™ device, you now have the option to repair it.

Read the FAQs about the repair process, or see all the Gypsy repair options to learn more. Express and Standard turnaround repair options are available, and all repairs include a 90 day warranty.

While we are dedicated to providing ongoing support and repair options for the Cricut Gypsy™ device, we have made the decision to stop production on the current Cricut Gypsy™ model. This will allow us to focus our efforts and prioritize our product offering. We will still offer support and content updates for the Cricut Gypsy™ device.

We will also stop providing updates to the Cricut DesignStudio® software in order to focus those resources on creating and improving the Cricut® experience. We will still offer support for the software, but there will be no further content updates for the Cricut DesignStudio® software.

We hope that the linking and repair options for your Cricut Gypsy™ device enable you to continue to create how and what you want to. We know that the wait for these new options has been long—we appreciate your patience and are confident that you will find them worth the wait! 
Ok Thanks for that announcement! Now here is my video. If you have already linked or not interested in linking I still ask you to see this crazy reaction to finding out. I really think I am crazy.