Saturday, February 16, 2013

Window

I used the FREE cut this week for Creatve Cards, but I did not make a card. I used the window image and stretched it to almost 15" to hang on my wall. 
 
I also made the window box and actual box and used acetate as glass and put a piece of 8.5x11" printed paper of a beach scene behind it so I am always looking at the beach from my craft room.

I have the cut file here for download and as long as you cut before Feb 20, 2013 it is free in CCR. After that you will have to own Creative Cards Cricut cartridge.


I inked the edges of the window with silver ink from Martha Stewart and the box after it was put together with a brown ink. I attached box with Zig glue and 3 eyelets just to be safe. I did not think glue alone would hold up after hanging it on the wall.






 I used foam squares on the back of window to attach the beach scene so it would not be flat against the window. After box is attached I moved it off the edge of the table to get the back of window as flat as possible.

 I would love to see what you can do with this, or any of the free cuts this week. You can link your project up here in my last blog post.Some ideas for the window, add curtains, fill box with flowers, add photos behind window, put it over a mirror, the possibilities are endless on what you can do.


As always full instructions are in the video.