Monday, February 25, 2013

St. Patrick's Day Paper Wreath


I designed this wreath in Cricut Craft Room using the St.Patrick's Day Craft Room Exclusive digital cartridge. You can usually get these on sale. Regular price is $9.99 but that is for 6 Multi-layer images.
Here is the cut file for you but to cut it you must own St. Patricks Day and Create-a-Critter 2 cartridge you can buy that here. Hmm... I should get commission on that Provo Craft! Or at least credit?

There are 8 layers in the file in CCR and I named them by the color the paper should be or what it is in my project but of course you can do it any color you choose. 

I suggest to watch the videos below to see full instructions.

I used the shadow feature to make the back ground and welded everything together first. The rainbow pieces were the first to go on and then the light green shamrock under the rainbow. Next all of the dark green shamrocks, all of the ones on the top right are welded together to make it easy to put them on.

I used my Cuttlebug on the gold pieces to make them look like gold coins. Then put the Pot of Gold together. 



 I used black paper for back ground and metallic black for the pot. I added gold Stickles to the gold after I adhered it all together. I then went around the edges with a yellow ink pad, so when I attached it to the wreath it would stand out a little more.
I inked the edges of the light green shamrocks with green ink. and then added a crease in the center of each leaf. I then used foam squares and added them to the wreath.
Here is the Leprechaun, I flocked his beard and eyebrows with Martha Stewart orange flocking. The pieces are little so I put them through my X. 


After I got all these together I added foam squares to the back so they would pop up on the wreath.
I really love the way this turned out, I was trying to think of more ways to embellish it, but to tell you the truth I got a late start on this and finished it about 2 am so my brain was done. If you have any ideas or make one please share it with me.

This first video only shows the cut file and how to cut it in Cricut Craft Room.

This second video you will see how to start the wreath and put together the Leprechaun and flocked the beard and eyebrows. You will also see the paper used.

This third video shows how to put the rest of wreath together.