Friday, January 11, 2013

Teddy Bears in Oz Blog Hop

Welcome to the Teddy Bears in Oz Blog Hop 

You should have arrived here from I came, I saw, I created. We are featuring teddy bears created from the Cricut Lite cartridge Teddy Bear Parade dressed up as characters from the Wizard of Oz. If you are just joining us start your journey down the yellow brick road at Rockin Renee's blog; I came, I saw, I created.

This was so much fun, I was given Dorothy to do, I joined in late and had about 36 hours notice. I work well under pressure. Our bears are were all created in CCR by RockinRenee but I altered mine just a little to add hair. I'm a hairstylist in real life so I had to have a Dorothy with hair and pretty bows. I used hair from Paper Dolls for Everyday and stretched it to fit, and then I gave her a hair cut. Dorothy's hair is not so think and she doesn't like bangs so I cut them off. I also colored her hair with 3 colors of markers, red, orange and brown. I also did not have Paper Pups cartridge where she had found a Toto so I used a dog from Animal Kingdom.

 You can down load the entire Cutfile for all the characters on RockinRenee's blog.Here is a Dorothy that RockinRenee made with the cut file on her blog.


 I have made a cutfile for the Dorothy that I made and you can download it from here.

I still can't decide on if I like her with hair or with out. I'm a hair stylist so I always look at the hair.



I created a video to show you how I made her. You may want to finish the blog hop before you watch it.





Thanks so much for joining us! Come back to this blog on Saturday, I am having a Teddy Bear Parade Contest you can link your paper Teddy Bears, new or old to enter the contest, great prizes to be given away.

Your next stop on the yellow brick road is to Stamp, Cut, Create!

See you back tomorrow for more Bears!