Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Tag for Baby Boy Gift Basket

Only 4 days left to enter Teddy Bear contest click here to find it.


One of my hair clients, I think I have been doing her hair once a week for 18 years, showing my age. She is very special to me, I show her some things I made and she has asked me to make a gift basket with a tag inside the book. The shower invitation said please no cards, give a book instead. So she asked if I could make something special inside the book that said from Nana. So I made just a little something in the book, I did not want to put something in the book the baby could pick on and get in his mouth so I thought I had to go simple, but I did not want simple so I also made a tag for the outside of the gift basket and I turned that tag into a card, ignoring the request for no cards, but he got a book too.

Here is the simple tag on the inside of the book. I just cut out to of the same tag from Art Philosophy, one half inch smaller than the other. From the meow cartrige I found a paw, actually it had 3 paws in circles and I just used the hide contour feature in CCR to get one paw and placed it inside the top tag, so it cut it out. I then cut out From Nana, I think from George and Basic Shapes Cricut cartridge. I inked the edges and used my ATG to adhere it to the book.

 This is for the tag on the outside of gift basket. I created everything in Cricut Craft Room, you can download the file here and open in CCR. I join things close together that will be on the same color of paper.
This is how I placed the paper on my mat.

 I flocked the teddy bear with blue flocking to match the bear in the basket. I used paper that says It's a Boy and adhered it to ribbon, I show you how to do that in the first video below. I added a premade bow with a pearl in it and added pearls to handle of tag. I stamped a smaller tag with New Baby and added blue rhinstones and popped up the small tag and bear on foam squares. I adhered it all to a chipboard tag from the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge, you can order that here.

Complete directions and mistakes are in the video below.
This is the inside of card.




Videos