Thursday, May 31, 2012

Baby Shower


As a Design Team member for Exploring Cricut, it is my turn to do a daily project. I made this for a girl I work with at the salon. She is having a girl and her shower is on Sunday. 


I used the Everyday Pop Up cards Cricut Cartridge. The Bundle of Joy and the girl both came from this cartridge.


She and I love zebra print so I made a zebra print dress for the pregnant girl on my card. I put a pop up only under her belly and used my ATG on the rest of her so only her belly would stick up. I also added pink ribbon and zebra rhinestones I got at Hobby Lobby (you can see those in one of my shopping haul videos).


The card is 8.5" x 5.5" I added a layer of pink card stock and then paper that says Baby Girl with hearts, I inked the edges of the paper. I added highlights to the girls hair and raindrops on the umbrella with a Martha Stewart Glitter pens. I think the best part is putting the pop up adhesive under the belly only, she might say she looks fat but it is so cute. I also used the pop up adhesive under the Bundle of Joy.
I used this Recollections Paper for the dress and part of Bundle of Joy. This is a stack I bould from Michaels and is only 4.5 x 6.5" I really like the small pack because the print is smaller. Too big of zebra would not look like zebra.

I did not make a video. If you have questions let me know. If you want the cut file I will also share that too just ask.