Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Butterflies in Painting

This is the painting before butterflies were added.
Hi everyone, I finished another project that incorporated my painting with my Cricut. I did this to enter into the Cricut Circle Monthly Challenge, I painted a canvas 16" x 20" I just had this picture in my head of a field of purple flowers, purple is my favorite color. I think I would like to do one with yellow flowers too, and maybe pink, I love fields of wild flowers. I also wanted to add some butterflies and took me so long to decide what color, I hate picking out color of paper, I choose orange in this one because I thought it would make them pop.


The butterflies were from the free cartridge in Cricut Craft Room, Craft Room Basics, the smallest one is .236" tallest one is 1.77" for the height. there are 35 butterflies and I have them so close together on the cut file it does not ever take up half of a 8.5 x 11" paper. Here is the cut file.
CCR cutfile

After I cut the butterflies out I folded them in half so they would not be flat. I placed them on the painting were I thought I wanted them and then one by one I hot glued them to the painting. I used black stickles in the center of each butterfly and Diamond stickles to wings.