Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Another Butterfly Painting

I brought my first butterfly painting to work to show people in person because it does look so much better in person.(There is a link at the bottom of this post in case you missed it). Phylicia, a girl I work with loved it and said she wanted one with purple butterflies and a sunset in the background. I had a few extra hours because as soon as I got to work a 2 hour appointment cancelled and I had 3 hours till the next one, so, I went home and painted this for Phylicia.
Phylicia holding my painting I did for her.
I took a picture of the colors I started with to make the sunset, but then I also added a light purple, not shown.

Here is a  picture before the butterflies.


Here is the cutfile for CCR and a picture of the mat layer I used for this painting. I used 4 different color of purple with the biggest being the darkest and then going to the lightest. Another mat layer has the same butterflies but all together to cut out on the same paper. I hot glued the butterflies to the painted canvas and then used Stickles (glitter glue) on the butterflies.

These butterflies are from the Craft Room Basics cartridge that is free in CCR. If you do not know how to use cutfiles here is a video.

Here are more pics.



Click here to see my first butterfly painting.