Thursday, January 26, 2012

Peace-Love-Happiness Wreath

This is my project as part of the Exploring Cricut Design Team. That is a great blog to get inspiration daily and join in on some challenges.

I designed this using the Groovy Times Cricut cartridge and Cricut Craft Room. It took me 4 hours just to design it with all 7 layers and it was difficult deciding what should be what color and then getting it on the right layer so I could cut it all out on each layer where it goes on the project.
If you watch the first video you will understand what I mean.

This project has 7 layers, I used 12 by 12 paper, I took the first 2  mat layers off the cutting mats, but then the rest I left on the mat until I was ready to adhere to the project, so I used 5 mats for this wreath.

The first video is a CCR tutorial and I show you about fill mode so you can see the colors you want to cut the paper in, and much more about layering in CCR, you will also learn from my mistakes in all the videos. I have a link to the next video at the end of each video, so you can continue to the next video easily.




Here is the cut file you can download to CCR.
Here is a link to directions on how to download and upload CCR files.

Here is the first video, there is a link to the next video at the end of each video. This first video is a CCR tutorial but for the old version of CCR. the second video starts the wreath.