Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Painting and Melting Crayons

 I decided to try to paint and melt crayons at the same time. I painted first with just 3 colors of acrylic paint, yellow blue and black. then i shaved crayons and sprinkled them on the canvas and melted with my embossing heat tool. I wanted some texture still in the painting so I did not melt them totally down. I also bought crayola and an off brand from the Dollar Tree store and highly recommend the crayola brand. They are more expensive but worth it, the others crumble more and are not as shiny, the crayola really are better, better wax.
Here is a picture of the end result and I also made a video in high speed showing some of the process.
 


Here is the video


If you are looking for the Christmas Haul and Giveaway click here you still have time to win a free cricut cartridge.