Sunday, November 27, 2011

Christmas Rosette Card

Today I am honored to be a guest designer on Exploring Cricut Blog. I just purchased the Ribbons and rosettes cartridge on Thanksgiving, along with a lot of you getting it on Black Friday.
So I thought I would share this project with you. It does a lot more than rosettes, actually I was debating between this cartridge and the Elegant Edges and decided Ribbons and Rosettes also has elegant edges and can use them in the same way in the Cricut Craft Room.
The card is 4.25"x 5.5" The 4 rosette pieces are cut at 1.5" and are on page 28 of the hand book but I altered it just a bit by adding trees to the middle of the cut. You can download the free cut file here. I also used the Cuttlebug snowflake folder.







Watch this video to see how I put the rosette together, I did not use a scoring board for the rosette, see how I scored it and folded it at the same time, using cricut tools.


Watch this video to see how I put the card together and I used the Martha Stewart scoring board as a cutting board, works great and is always straight.
Check out a challenge at Hiding in my Craft Room blog.